Thermal and impact receipt printing and check processing all in one.
The world’s premier retail printer
Today’s competitive retail environment places enormous pressure on merchants to not only create a compelling shopping experience, but also to invest in store systems technology that can improve business performance on all levels—reducing total cost of ownership, remotely managing systems and information, empowering store employees and providing consumers with a differentiated shopping experience.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions, the global leader in advanced retail store systems , meets these demands with the Toshiba SureMark™ dual-station thermal/impact receipt printer—the premier point-of-sale printing solution for large and mid-market retailers. Built for ultimate retail-hardened performance and ease of use in demanding retail environments, new SureMark dual-station printers deliver speed, accuracy, reliability, serviceability and exclusive eco-friendly features that set new industry standards.
|Fast receipt printing—80 LPS|
|99.95 percent accuracy MICR reading and check processing|
|Toshiba Remote Retail Systems Management Agent|
|Light-Path Management visual indicators|
|Customer replaceable unit (CRU) replacement of key assemblies|
|Systems management sensors|
|Tool-less snap together design|
|Ease of use design features|
|Open standards platform|
|Streamlined model structure|
|Easy change covers|
|Service life 7+ years with parts available 7 more years|
|Model||Character Set||MICR||OCR MICR||Single-Pass Check Handling||Document Imaging||Cover Color||Warranty service1|
|Yes||-||Yes||-||Pearl White or Iron Gray||Toshiba Advanced Exchange|
|-||-||-||-||Pearl White or Iron Gray||Toshiba Advanced Exchange|
1 For warranty terms and country coverage, please refer the Statement of Limited Warranty at: http://www.toshibacommerce.com/support/limitedwarranty
|Receipt station (one-color paper)||80 lps @ 8 lpi, 60 lps @ 6 lpi|
|Receipt station (two-color paper)||35 lps @ 8 lpi, 26 lps @ 6 lpi|
|Impact slip station||4.3 lps|
|Printing resolution (thermal) 203 dpi||203 dpi|
|Data buffer RAM||Dynamic/expandable|
|Flash memory for microcode||5 MB|
|Flash memory for offline journal6||Up to 3 MB|
|Flash memory for logos6||Up to 3 MB|
|Flash memory for fixed messages6||Up to 3 MB|
|Flash memory for code pages6||Up to 3 MB|
|Flash memory for user characters||128 KB|
|Interfaces||Powered USB plus standard USB, RS-485, standard RS-232, 10/100 Ethernet , Wireless 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (external power brick or special power cable required)|
|CRU (customer replaceable units) with Light-Path management||CRU (customer replaceable units) with Light-Path management|
|Paper low, paper jam, print head health sensors||Yes|
|Mounting options||Integrated with POS, Distributed|
|Support for wide range of receipt media—thickness/type of media||1.6 - 3.7 mil (thousandths of an inch) paper
Paper rolls/up to 4 in. (102 mm)
|“Green” attributes||Shipping container and inserts; iron-gray covers made of up to 25% post-industrial recycled materials; upgradeable and reusable components; retail-hardened construction for long life.|
|Physical dimensions and weight|
|Dimensions (WxDxH)7||Width: 190.5 mm (7.5 in.)
Depth: 255 mm (10.0 in.)
Height (rear): 198 mm (7.8 in.)
Height (front): 140 mm (5.5 in.)
|Weight||Model 2CR: 4.8 Kg (10.6 lb)
Model 2NR: 4.7 Kg (10.4 lb)
|Operating system support9||A compatibility mode is provided in the printers to enable use of existing drivers and applications with only minor modifications. Native mode support is as follows:|
|Resident barcode formats||UPC A/E, JAN 8 (EAN), Code 39, ITF, Code 93, Code 128 a, b and c, Codabar, PDF417, QR, GS1 DataBar|
|Reliability||150 km—thermal print head life. 1.5 million cuts—cutter life|
|Integration kits||SurePOS™ 700 Series|
|Media type supported/roll diameter/approximate roll length, Receipt roll sizes supported10||Paper rolls/up to 102 mm (4 in.) - 558 ft|
|Europe, Middle East, Africa||Yes|
5 Indicates rated speed. Actual print speed depends on user-specific configuration of interface, application, operating system and drivers.
6 Total user-accessible memory is 3 MB combined total.
7 With overhanging ledge, width is 200.5 mm (7.9 in.).
8 Some printer functions may not be supported by all combinations of operating systems and drivers. Models 2NR and 2CR have a “compatibility” mode that enables some, not all, features of the product reusing existing drivers in each operating system environment. See User Guide for more detail. * The 2NR/2CR printers are supported in compatibility mode in V5R2 but 4690 OS can only update the firmware starting with the 0820 maintenance package.
9 Please visit the Toshiba support website, www.toshibacommerce.com/support, to obtain the latest compatibility data for operating systems, interfaces and Toshiba hardware.
11 Only Model 2NR is available in China.
* For warranty terms and country coverage, please refer the Statement of Limited Warranty at: http://www.toshibacommerce.com/support/limitedwarranty
Ultimate performance leader:
- Fast 80 LPS receipt printing for single-byte (SBCS) or double-byte (DBCS) printing
- 99.95% accuracy MICR reading and single-pass check processing
- Push button receipt cover opening
- Easy paper loading helps reduce downtime and training expenses
- Extended code page support enables worldwide use
- 3 MB user flash memory supports barcodes, logos, color graphics and TrueType™ fonts
- Prints single or multipart forms in portrait or landscape orientation
Built-in reliability and serviceability:
- Retail-hardened design delivers high reliability in retail environments
- Paper motion sensor detects jams and reduces waste of receipt media
- All peripherals are tested, engineered, color coordinated, provide latching connections, are compatible and optimized to work as a total store solution
Shrinks operating costs:
- Light-Path Management and Retail Systems Management enables firmware updates as well as communication of printer status (like paper low, EMI noise, failed cutter, failed thermal print head) to key store personnel who can resolve problems proactively
- Customer Replaceable Units (thermal print head, main card and interface adapter) snap out to provide easy service and maintenance of key printer components (CRU)
- Powered USB and RS-485 connectivity eliminates the need for a separate power brick and conserves counter space
- Standard USB and RS-232 connectivity integrates with Toshiba and third-party POS systems (external power brick required)
- Compatibility mode eases transition to new models
- Shared connectivity via wired Ethernet or wireless WiFi allows you to utilize one printer across multiple terminals.
- Support for eco-friendly polymer film receipt media reduces carbon footprint
- All packaging materials are recyclable and most are made from recycled post-consumer waste